Creamy Swiss Rooster Bake is totally scrumptious. Rooster breasts are smothered in an easy-to-make Swiss cheese sauce, coated in crispy, seasoned breadcrumbs, then baked till bubbly. It’s a simple hen casserole the entire household will love!
Swiss Rooster Bake
That is one unbelievable, family-loved recipe. Tender hen breasts are cooked in a easy Swiss cheese sauce that’s completely heavenly. Then we high the casserole with buttered breadcrumbs and the little crunchy bites are scrumptious with the creamy sauce.
Some Swiss hen recipes name for utilizing canned soup, however we skip that and change it with a sauce that’s practically as straightforward to make as opening a can and is SO MUCH tastier.
After the Swiss hen casserole goes into the oven, we placed on a pot of rice and make some roasted broccoli – the cheese sauce is superb on the broccoli! The entire dinner comes along with minimal effort and it’s all the time met with rave critiques on the desk.
You seemingly have many of the substances to make this Swiss hen casserole in your kitchen proper now!
- Butter, flour, and hen inventory: these three kind the bottom of the cheese sauce.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and salt: we use these so as to add taste to the sauce.
- Swiss cheese: we purchase sliced Swiss cheese and add some to the sauce and use additional to placed on high of the hen.
- Bitter cream: this lightens the cheese sauce and offers it an exquisite taste.
- Panko: that is used for the crispy topping. You need to use common breadcrumbs as an alternative.
- Butter: makes the panko get golden and further crispy within the oven.
- Italian seasoning: provides an amazing taste to the crispy topping. Do that homemade Italian seasoning!
- Rooster breasts: we use boneless, skinless breasts. You can even substitute hen thighs.
The best way to make this Swiss hen bake
You can also make Swiss hen in simply 4 straightforward steps! Making this Swiss hen bake is de facto easy! See the recipe card under for the total particulars.
- Make the cheese sauce: Whisk some flour and butter in a small pot. Then add the hen inventory and spices and provides it a minute to thicken. Lastly, add the cheese and let it soften into the sauce. Really easy!
- Make the buttered breadcrumbs: Combine some panko with melted butter and Italian seasoning.
- Assemble the casserole: Half of the cheese sauce goes into the underside of your casserole dish. Then lay 4 seasoned hen breasts on high and canopy them with the remainder of the sauce. Drape 4 Swiss cheese slices over the hen then cowl them with the buttered croutons.
- Bake the casserole: This step is as straightforward as placing the casserole dish into the oven. Control it whereas it bakes and if the breadcrumbs get too brown, cowl the casserole dish with foil.
Sure! This casserole will be assembled as much as 2 days upfront and saved coated in your fridge till you’re able to bake it. The buttered panko will be ready forward of time, but it surely’s greatest added to the casserole proper earlier than it goes into the oven in order that it doesn’t get soggy. You’ll want so as to add an additional 10-Quarter-hour to the baking time in the event you’re cooking it from chilly.
Sure! Identical to assembling this casserole forward of time, it’s greatest to go away the panko off till it’s time to bake it. Wrap the assembled casserole tightly then freeze it for as much as 3 months.
Leftover Swiss hen will hold nicely in your fridge for 3-4 days. They reheat superbly so it is a nice recipe to plan to take for lunch this week!
Rooster thighs can be utilized as an alternative of breasts, however you’ll want to regulate the cooking time. Plan on utilizing 8 hen thighs and baking the casserole for 30-35 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 400 levels. Butter the underside of a 9×11 inch casserole dish.
Add the swiss cheese to the pot and stir it into the sauce. Add the bitter cream and stir as soon as extra.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning.
Gently pound the thickest a part of the hen utilizing the palm of your hand till the breasts are even in thickness. Season the hen with salt and pepper.
Pour half of the cheese sauce into the casserole dish. Add the hen and high every bit with a chunk of Swiss cheese. Pour the remainder of the sauce across the hen.
Sprinkle the buttered bread crumbs over the hen then bake the hen for 45 minutes, or till scorching, bubbly, and cooked via. Test the hen periodically and if the breadcrumbs are browning too rapidly, cowl the casserole with aluminum foil.
Serve the hen with some perfectly cooked basmati rice, a giant scoop of the sauce, and slightly minced parsley excessive.
Energy614kcal (31%)Carbohydrates16g (5%)Protein57g (114%)Fats35g (54%)Saturated Fats19g (95%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats9gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol223mg (74%)Sodium630mg (26%)Potassium1003mg (29%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A924IU (18%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium208mg (21%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.