Cottage Cheese Egg and Sausage Frittata
As you could have heard me point out, I’ve been attempting to get extra protein in all my meals. Eggs are already excessive in protein, so cottage cheese and eggs mixed add additional protein, excellent for individuals who don’t just like the style of cottage cheese. For extra recipes that use cottage cheese, see my High Protein Bread, Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl, and Strawberry Protein Smoothie.
I really like cottage cheese and have been experimenting with utilizing it in recipes. I beloved how this Egg Cottage Cheese and Sausage Frittata turned out. It’s a scrumptious high-protein breakfast and a good way to eat cottage cheese should you’re not a fan of consuming it plain.
This sausage frittata nearly jogs my memory of my Italian father-in-law’s, which makes use of ricotta. I additionally added Pecorino Romano cheese and Italian sausage for taste, plus some child spinach. The cottage cheese offers the frittata such a terrific texture and provides extra protein to the eggs.
What is an efficient high-protein breakfast?
Breakfast is taken into account excessive protein if it has at the very least 15-20 grams of protein. Cottage cheese is clearly a terrific selection as a one-cup serving can have over 25 grams of protein. Beneath are some extra high-protein breakfast concepts:
- Quiches: Crustless Quiche Lorraine, Ham and Swiss Crustless Quiche
- Omelets: Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap, Goat Cheese Herb Omelet with Nova Lox
- Breakfast Bowls: Chorizo Breakfast Bowl, Breakfast Taco Scramble
- Sandwiches: BLT Breakfast Sandwich, Bacon, Egg, & Avocado Bagel Sandwich, PBJ on High Protein Bread
- Egg Casseroles: Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole, Sausage, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- Eggs Benedict: Crab Cakes Benedict, Swiss Chard Eggs Benedict
- Greek Yogurt: Greek Yogurt with Berries, Nuts, and Honey
What pan do you employ for a frittata?
You’ll need an oven-safe skillet to make a frittata. It begins on the range however finishes cooking within the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Use a non-stick pan that may go in a 350-degree oven or a forged iron skillet.
Learn how to Meal Prep a Frittata:
Frittatas will be made forward and reheated, making them nice for meal prep. Simply put the baked frittata into 4 meal-prep containers, cowl, and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
To eat, convey to room temperature, or reheat within the microwave in 30-second intervals till heated via.
What do you serve with a frittata?
Frittatas are wonderful on their very own as they’re fairly filling since they’re so excessive in protein. For those who’re seeking to spherical out your meal, I’ve some recommendations for you:
- For breakfast, serve the Italian sausage frittata with hash browns, fruit or entire grain bread.
- For lunch or dinner, eat the frittata with a salad and bread or a vegetable facet dish.
- Sub the spinach for swiss chard or kale or attempt it with broccoli or bell pepper as an alternative.
- Use Italian turkey sausage should you can’t discover rooster.
- As a substitute of baking the frittata, scramble the eggs and eat it as a veggie sausage scramble.
- Make sausage frittata muffins by pouring the egg combination right into a muffin tin and baking at 350 levels for 25 minutes.
Extra Frittata Recipes You’ll Love:
Cottage Cheese Egg Bake (Frittata)
This protein-packed Cottage Cheese Egg Bake with spinach and rooster sausage is filling and scrumptious. Take pleasure in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a salad and a few crusty bread.
- Cooking spray
- 1 hyperlink Italian rooster sausage, casings eliminated
- 8 giant eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, I really like Good Tradition
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped child spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Transfer oven rack to the second highest from the highest.
Evenly spray a 10-inch oven protected skillet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese, Pecorino, spinach, salt and pepper. Put aside.
Add sausage to a skillet, breaking it up in small items with a wood spoon over medium warmth and cook dinner, till browned and cooked via, about 4 minutes.
Add the egg combination to skillet and cook dinner 1 minute to let the underside set.
Bake within the oven till the highest is ready, about 16 to 18 minutes.
With a spatula, rigorously slide frittata out of the skillet onto a chopping board and reduce into 4 wedges.
Serve with salad and entire grain bread, if desired.
Serving: 1wedge, Energy: 233kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 21.5g, Fats: 15g, Saturated Fats: 5.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 386mg, Sodium: 723mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Sensible Factors: 3
Inexperienced Sensible Factors: 7
Purple Sensible Factors: 3
Key phrases: cottage cheese egg bake, cottage cheese eggs, excessive protein breakfast