We’ve partnered up once more this season with the gluten-free baking magicians at Austin’s personal Blackbird Bakery to carry you extra deliciousness (to take pleasure in alongside together with your Tito’s Handmade Vodka cocktail of alternative). We’re kickin’ it off with our Texas tackle Russian Tea Cookies, a vacation deal with that’s excellent for any sort of seasonal celebration.
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp gentle brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 3/4 cups Blackbird Bakery Cookie Jar Mix
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Glutinous rice flour for dusting and rolling (obtainable at most grocery shops within the Asian part)
- Powdered sugar for rolling the cookies (after baking and cooling)
- At the very least 2 hours earlier than you start, pour Tito’s Handmade Vodka over the chopped medjool dates and permit them to infuse.
- In a stand mixer, mix the unsalted butter with the powdered sugar, gentle brown sugar, almond meal andBlackbird Bakery’s Cookie Jar Mix. Combine on the bottom setting till the combination begins to come back collectively, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla, and blend till mixed. Improve the mixer velocity to excessive, and beat till the dough sticks to the perimeters of the bowl and the paddle. Flip the mixer off, scrape down the perimeters of the bowl, after which add the chopped pecans and the vodka infused medjool dates. Combine on the bottom setting till mixed.
- Flippantly mud your counter with glutinous rice flour and flip the dough onto the flour. Flippantly knead till the dough comes collectively. Kind right into a ball and wrap in plastic to refrigerate. For the very best outcomes, it’s important to refrigerate the dough in a single day.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto your cookie sheet, at the least one inch aside. Repeat till your whole dough has been positioned on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for six minutes, rotate the pans, after which bake for one more 6 minutes. Permit the cookies to chill on the pan. They are delicate once they first come out of the oven, so it’s best to not contact them till they’ve cooled and set.
- When the cookies have cooled, roll them within the powdered sugar and serve.
Makes 36 cookies. Will maintain in an hermetic container for per week.
We like this recipe from native Austin cell bakeshop Casa de Glaze as a result of it makes a candy dessert, however it might probably double as a (barely boozy) breakfast deal with. The muffin/cupcake line is fairly skinny anyway, and these beauties style sufficient like pancakes to make that dessert/breakfast distinction even blurrier.
Tito’s Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 1 cup of your favourite maple syrup
- Whisk the Tito’s Handmade Vodka and maple syrup collectively till fully mixed.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 giant eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F (175 levels C), and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix pecans with 1/4 cup sugar in a blender till finely floor.
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt collectively in a bowl.
- Beat remaining sugar and butter collectively in a big bowl with an electrical mixer till gentle and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the creamy butter combination, totally integrating every egg earlier than including the subsequent.
- Stir milk and vanilla extract collectively in a separate bowl.
- Alternately stir flour combination and milk combination in small quantities into the butter combination starting and ending with the flour combination; stir simply till it comes collectively right into a batter. Fold the bottom pecans into the batter. Spoon batter into the ready muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- Bake within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Utilizing a baking brush, brush tops of heat cupcakes with the Tito’s Maple Syrup combination, then cool fully.
- After you could have brushed the highest of the cupcakes with syrup, place the remaining syrup in a saucepan over medium low warmth and scale back by half. Let cool fully.
- 5 giant egg whites
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, minimize into tablespoons, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Mix egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt within the heatproof bowl of a standing mixer set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk continually by hand till combination is heat to the contact and sugar has dissolved (the combination ought to really feel fully clean when rubbed between your fingertips).
- Connect the bowl to the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beginning on low and progressively rising to medium-high velocity, whisk till stiff (however not dry) peaks kind. Proceed mixing till the combination is fluffy and shiny, and fully cool (check by touching the underside of the bowl), about 10 minutes.
- With mixer on medium-low velocity, add the butter just a few tablespoons at a time, mixing effectively after every addition.
- As soon as all butter has been added, whisk in vanilla.
- Swap to the paddle attachment, and proceed beating on low velocity till all air bubbles are eradicated, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl with a versatile spatula, and proceed beating till the frosting is totally clean.
- Prime the cupcakes with the frosting, after which drizzle cooled Tito’s Maple Syrup discount on prime of icing.Sprinkle with toasted, c
hopped pecans, and serve!
Recipe from Jenny Grayson, Proprietor, Baker & Dessert Maker at Casa de Glaze Bakeshop
- 1 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 0.25 oz darkish créme de menthe
- 4 oz scorching chocolate
Mix all components in a big mug, prime with whipped cream, and serve.
3 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
1 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
1 dollop maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
Prime off with low fats milk
Combine with ice and revel in!
- 1.5 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 0.33 oz Texas wildflower honey
- 0.25 oz recent lemon juice
- 3 oz champagne
Mix Tito’s Handmade Vodka, honey and lemon juice in a shaker with ice. Shake, and pressure into champagne flute. Prime with champagne, and garnish with a strawberry or lemon.
Garnish: Strawberry, lemon wheel or twist
Glass: Champagne flute
- 8 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz orange-flavored cognac liqueur
- 8 oz pomegranate juice
- 4 oz lemonade
- 4 oz orange juice
- 8 oz cup soda
- A touch or two of cinnamon
- Frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
Serve over ice in a bowl or pitcher.
Glass: pitcher, punch bowl