Crispy-baked avocado fries are coated in seasoning and a crunchy garlic panko crust after which baked to crispy perfection! These are so scrumptious and straightforward to make that you’ll want to pair them with each meal!
I liked these crispy baked avocado fries. Actually, cooking up veggies this manner is a household favourite! Strive these baked zucchini fries, these baked jicama fries, or this scrumptious cheesy baked asparagus!
What’s Baked Avocado Fries?
I used to be at a convention with a pal in Chicago, and we noticed avocado fries on the menu. Baked avocado fries!? I really like every part that has to do with avocado and couldn’t wait to strive these out for myself. These had a crispy coating on the surface, and the within was nonetheless wealthy and creamy. Then you definitely take them excessive and dip them in a delicious sauce. They make an important appetizer or are the right facet to your subsequent meal!
Not solely are avocado fries extra distinctive than common French fries, however they’re additionally a lot more healthy too! And I can’t resist avocado or French fries, so this recipe combines one of the best of each worlds! Strive these out with a delicious burger, and you’ll quickly be making these on a regular basis on the request of your loved ones!
Substances in Baked Avocado Fries
Fortunate for you, this recipe is so easy and solely requires just a few substances. However don’t let this quick substances checklist idiot you. These positive pack a punch in terms of scrumptious taste! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the publish for precise measurements.
- Avocados: If they’re barely agency, they may maintain up higher for this recipe!
- Eggs: I all the time like to make use of massive eggs each time I’m cooking within the kitchen.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works nice on this recipe!
- Panko Breadcrumbs: I LOVE the feel that panko breadcrumbs add to the creamy avocado. It’s such a stark distinction!
- Italian Seasoning: You should utilize store-bought seasoning or make some with my recipe at residence!
- Garlic Powder: This brings in that scrumptious garlic taste that goes so nicely with the opposite seasonings.
- Salt: The salt will improve the entire flavors in these baked avocado fries.
Methods to Make Baked Avocado Fries
You begin by taking out the pit of the avocado after which slicing your avocado into fries. Lower the avocado slices in half and half once more and make them the precise thickness that you really want your fries to be. You’re going to go loopy over this scrumptious snack!
- Prep and dredge: Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Evenly grease a baking sheet and set it apart. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise after which lower into wedges. In a shallow dish, add the eggs. In one other bowl add the flour, and within the final dish, add the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dip: Dip the avocado into the flour, then the egg, and lastly within the panko. Lay onto your greased baking sheet.
- Cook dinner: Spray the avocado with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes till crispy. Serve with honey chipotle dip if desired.
The Keys to Crispy Fries
If you would like these baked avocado fries to have one of the best texture (crispy on the surface and creamy on the within) then comply with the following tips!
- Underripe Avocados: It is a smart way to have the ability to deplete underripe avocados. They aren’t too delicate for fry making and maintain up if you are dredging them within the flour, egg, and panko combination. Regardless that these are a little bit onerous and underripe, they’re able to soften within the oven whereas baking. They arrive out of the oven tender and creamy and have such superb total taste!
- Cooking Spray: Spray the panko with cooking spray after you coat the avocado. This can assist to offer the avocado fries a crispy brown coating.
- Don’t neglect to flip! Flip the fries midway by means of. This will get all sides to be brown and crisp.
Fries are solely pretty much as good because the sauce that you simply dip them in, proper? Nicely, these baked avocado fries are literally amazingly scrumptious all by themselves however… I can’t resist a very good sauce! Listed here are some concepts to strive!
- Creamy Honey Chipotle Dip
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Spicy Mayo
Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Evenly grease a baking sheet and set it apart. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise after which lower into wedges. In a shallow dish, add the eggs. In one other dish, add the flour, and within the final dish, provides the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
Dip the avocado into the flour, then the egg, and lastly within the panko. Lay onto your greased baking sheet.
Spray the avocado with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes till crispy. Serve with honey chipotle dip if desired.
Up to date on August 9, 2022
Energy91kcal (5%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein2g (4%)Fats6g (9%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gTrans Fats0.002gLdl cholesterol20mg (7%)Sodium126mg (5%)Potassium185mg (5%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar0.4gVitamin A82IU (2%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium16mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.