This moist Strawberry Crunch Cake is topped with a creamy whipped topping made with cream cheese and powdered sugar. The final touch is a pleasant crunch topping created from crushed golden Oreos and freeze-dried strawberries.
I really like an excellent strawberry dessert, particularly in the summertime months! It feels so festive and makes each BBQ have a deliciously candy ending. Try this Strawberry Tart, this scrumptious (and simple!) Fresh Strawberry Pie and this yummy Strawberry Icebox Cake.
Strawberry Crunch Cake Recipe
When you have by no means had strawberry crunch cake and are questioning what it’s, you’re in for a deal with, particularly in the event you love strawberries. The bottom cake is strawberry flavored ( you can also make this from scratch with this recipe or from a field). It’s topped with a whipped topping, however the perfect half is the place you get the crunch. Sprinkled on prime is a mix of crushed vanilla Oreos and dehydrated strawberries.
We love this cake not solely as a result of it’s full of strawberry taste however the texture. It’s a match made in heaven. The cake is moist and scrumptious, however each chew has a scrumptious crunch. I really like a recipe with a twist, and this one takes a basic cake to an entire different degree!
What Substances are in Strawberry Crunch Cake?
The components record could be very easy. And when you do this recipe, you’ll need to just remember to all the time have them readily available! All the actual ingredient measurements might be discovered under within the recipe card on the backside of the put up.
- Strawberry Cake Combine: You may make this straightforward by simply grabbing boxed cake combine from the shop!
- Strawberry Jello: I really like strawberry gelatin, and this provides an additional punch of taste to the combination.
- Eggs: I all the time use massive eggs when I’m baking.
- Vegetable Oil: This provides moisture to the cake, making it the proper delicate and fluffy texture.
- Milk: You need to use 1 p.c or 2 p.c milk on this recipe.
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- Golden Oreos: Take away the filling out of your Oreos earlier than you make the topping.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries: I discover these within the aisle on the grocery retailer with nuts, chocolate chips, and baking additions.
- Butter: I used salted butter on this strawberry crunch cake recipe.
- Cream Cheese: Let this sit out and are available to room temperature to combine in higher.
- Powdered Sugar: This blends seamlessly, making the topping easy and candy.
- Whipped Topping: Let the Cool Whip thaw earlier than mixing it with different components. I wish to hold it in my fridge quite than my freezer in order that it’s able to go.
Is Strawberry Crunch Cake Simple to Make?
Sure! This recipe is so easy and comes collectively in lower than an hour. That’s baking and frosting time included! It’s an incredible recipe to be served with any meal for dessert. Everybody loves it!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 baking dish with pan spray. Put aside.
- Combine the Cake Batter: Add the cake combine, jello powder, eggs, oil, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium pace for two minutes.
- Bake and Cool: Add the batter to the ready baking dish and bake for 25-Half-hour till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle and the middle springs again when flippantly pressed on. Let the cake cool fully.
- Make the Topping: To organize the topping beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl till easy. Add ⅓ of the whipped topping and stir till easy.
- Unfold the Topping: Fold within the remaining whipped topping and unfold evenly excessive of the cooled cake.
- Add the Strawberry Crunch: Add the golden Oreos (with out the filling) and the freeze-dried strawberries to a big ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. You’ll be able to crush them as a lot or as little as you’d like. I like a mixture of chunky bits and crumbs. Sprinkle as a lot or as little as you’d like over the strawberry cake. I used about half of the combination.
Variations and Substitutions
There are a couple of other ways to substitute components for this strawberry crunch cake recipe in case you don’t have a few of them readily available. Listed here are a couple of suggestions that you may strive!
- Use oil as a substitute of butter: Substitute the oil for melted butter if you need a lighter crumb, although bear in mind that oil tends to make desserts a bit extra moist.
- Easy methods to make do-it-yourself Cool Whip: In case you can’t discover whipped topping (Cool Whip) at your retailer, you can also make some at residence from scratch! As a substitute of utilizing 8 ounces of whipped topping, combine 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and blend till it varieties stiff peaks.
- Half the topping: In case you don’t like numerous crumb topping, be at liberty to half the topping to ½ ounce of freeze-dried strawberries and 6 Golden Oreos.
Can I Make These Cupcakes As a substitute?
Sure! This strawberry crunch cake makes scrumptious cupcakes and is the proper little hand-held deal with to make this a simple grab-and-go dessert possibility.
- Add Batter to Liner: Fill 24 cupcake liners ⅔ of the way in which full with the batter.
- Bake and Cool: Bake at 350 levels Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Add Cream Frosting and Crunch: High with the cream and sprinkle every cupcake with the strawberry crunch combination.
Easy methods to Retailer Strawberry Crunch Cake
I really like an excellent make forward possibility and this cake might be made as much as 24 hours forward of time, making it the proper dessert!
Within the Fridge: As a result of this cake has a cream topping, you will want to retailer it in an hermetic container in your fridge. It’ll last as long as 5 days.
Retailer leftover cake lined within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 baking dish with pan spray. Put aside.
Add the cake combine, jello powder, eggs, oil, and milk to a big bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium pace for two minutes.
Add the batter to the ready baking dish and bake for 25-Half-hour till a toothpick comes out clear from the middle and the middle springs again when flippantly pressed on. Let the cake cool fully.
To organize the topping, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl till easy. Add ⅓ of the whipped topping and stir till easy.
Fold within the remaining whipped topping and unfold evenly excessive of the cooled cake.
Add the golden Oreos (with out the filling) and the freeze-dried strawberries to a big ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You’ll be able to crush them as a lot or as little as you’d like. I like a mixture of chunky bits and crumbs. Sprinkle as a lot or as little as you’d like over the cake. I used about half of the combination.
Energy346kcal (17%)Carbohydrates40g (13%)Protein5g (10%)Fats18g (28%)Saturated Fats11g (55%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gTrans Fats0.2gLdl cholesterol87mg (29%)Sodium379mg (16%)Potassium128mg (4%)Fiber0.3g (1%)Sugar27g (30%)Vitamin A498IU (10%)Vitamin C29mg (35%)Calcium134mg (13%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.